All the family will be able to experience the sights and sounds of Ripon’s past, present and future at a fun festival taking place at venues across the city.
Visit the Workhouse, Prison and Police and Courthouse museums, Ripon Library, Community House, Ripon Cathedral and the market square on Saturday, March 14 from 11am to 4pm to take a look at what’s going on.
Ripon’s three museums are opening up with free admission and a fun range of activities for all including object handling, have-a-go craft sessions, youth performance and ‘Workhouse Soup’ cookery demonstrations plus a pop-up café in the Workhouse Museum with tastier treats!
Other activities around the city include:
• Dress up your selfie and learn new photo editing skills
• Get up close to fire-fighting and police vehicles in the market square
• Take a look inside Ripon Cathedral and enjoy the colour and beauty created by it’s fabulous stained glass windows
• Visit Ripon library for children’s story sacks, fun quiz and lots of other activities from 11am-2pm.
• Find out more about the Hornblower at the town hall, a tradition tracing its roots back more than a thousand years.
• Enjoy craft and musical activities for babies and young children at Ripon’s Community House.
• Find out more about what’s on offer at the new skate park at a display in Ripon Library.
• North Yorkshire Horizons will also be on-hand at the library to provide facts, advice and support about drug and alcohol addiction.
The Sights and Sounds …My Community, My Ripon! event is the fourth My Community event and has been organised by the Ripon Minster My Neighbourhood Project team, which comprises 15 public and voluntary organisations.
Project team chairman Coun Stuart Martin said: ‘This will be a great opportunity for families to learn more about the history of Ripon past and present while also having an opportunity to experience new things and it promises to be a great day out for all the family.”
A full list of activities can be found at www.riponmuseums.co.uk/events or phone 01765 690799.