Propane cutter sparks fire

Share this article

A VAN has been destroyed in a fire sparked by a propane cutter.

The Ford Escort van was parked at a property on Springwell Lane, Northallerton at around 11.15am today. Thursday, June 16.

A propane cutter was being used by staff at the property and it caused rubbish in the back of the van to catch fire.

Fire fighters from Northallerton arrived and called for another engine to supply more water, but the van was destroyed by the flames.

No one was hurt in the incident.