Blaze after laptop left on kitchen hob

The blaze was out on the arrival of fire crews.
The blaze was out on the arrival of fire crews.

A laptop computer left on a hot hob has caused a kitchen fire in Borougbridge.

Fire crews from the town and Ripon were alerted to the blaze on Vine Terrace on Horsefair on Saturday, September 6, at 10.20pm.

A spokesman for the fire service said the blaze was out on the arrival of the crews.

The laptop was destroyed with slight fire damage to the hob and smoke damage to the kitchen area.

The fire crews assisted in ventilating the property and fitting smoke detectors.